GIMP stands for the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a free web graphics editor. You can resize images, compress images, layer images, create graphics and more using the GIMP.
For those on a budget or just wanting to play with web graphics design before investing in a more expensive web graphics editor (like Photoshop or FireWorks), then it's well worth learning how to use the GIMP first.
Because many of the tools work the same in Photoshop and Fireworks. And unless you're going to become a professional graphic design artist, then the GIMP might just have everything you need. It's great for creating buttons header graphics, working with photographs, etc.
Just click on any link below to learn more about that particular feature of the GIMP. Our GIMP video tutorials are all free. They walk you through the essentials you'll need to start your own graphic adventure.
Here's a list of our current GIMP video tutorials:
- Lesson #1 - Downloading & Setting up Gimp
- Lesson #2 - How to use the GIMP Part 1 (the Gimp Interface, Dialogs)
- Lesson #3 - How to use the GIMP Part 2(Working with Files)
- Lesson #4 - GIMP Selection Tools
- Lesson #5 - GIMP Bezier Tool
- Lesson #6 - GIMP Zoom, Move, Crop
- Lesson #7 - GIMP Transform Tools
- Lesson #8 - GIMP Text Tool
- Lesson #9 - GIMP Fill & Gradient Tools
- Lesson #10 - GIMP Drawing Tools
- Lesson #11 - Working with Layers
Check back often! Or better yet, sign up for our Free Newsletter and get instantly notified when new tutorials become available.